I’ve been trying to find some way to properly express my thoughts about Glenn Beck’s departure from Fox News. As I listened to political pundits and others on the subject, it became increasingly clear that this could really be it for Beck. Sadly, I was stumped for what to say. And then I realized that the best words for this occasion are Beck’s words. Fortunately for me, Daniel Kurtzman, journalist, author, and humorist, has put together Glenn Beck’s words far better than I can.
The 10 Craziest Glenn Beck Quotes of All Time | Ridiculous, Paranoid and Insane Utterances by FOX News Channel’s Glenn Beck
1. “This president I think has exposed himself over and over again as a guy who has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture….I’m not saying he doesn’t like white people, I’m saying he has a problem. This guy is, I believe, a racist.” –on President Obama, sparking an advertiser exodus from his FOX News show, July 28, 2009 (Source)
3. “When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I’m just like, ‘Oh shut up’ I’m so sick of them because they’re always complaining.” –”The Glenn Beck Program,” Sept. 9, 2005 (Source)
4. “The only [Katrina victims] we’re seeing on television are the scumbags.” –”The Glenn Beck Program,” Sept. 9, 2005 (Source)
5. “I think there is a handful of people who hate America. Unfortunately for them, a lot of them are losing their homes in a forest fire today.” –on why people who lost their homes in forest fires in California had it coming, “The Glenn Beck Program,” Oct. 22, 2007 (Source)
6. “I have been nervous about this interview with you because what I feel like saying is, ‘Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies. … And I know you’re not. I’m not accusing you of being an enemy, but that’s the way I feel, and I think a lot of Americans will feel that way.” –interviewing Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), the first Muslim U.S. congressman, Glen Beck’s show on CNN’s Headline News, Nov. 14, 2006 (Source)
7. “Al Gore’s not going to be rounding up Jews and exterminating them. It is the same tactic, however. The goal is different. The goal is globalization…And you must silence all dissenting voices. That’s what Hitler did. That’s what Al Gore, the U.N., and everybody on the global warming bandwagon [are doing].” –”The Glenn Beck Program,” May 1, 2007 (Source)
8. “So here you have Barack Obama going in and spending the money on embryonic stem cell research. … Eugenics. In case you don’t know what Eugenics led us to: the Final Solution. A master race! A perfect person. … The stuff that we are facing is absolutely frightening.” –”The Glenn Beck Program,” March 9, 2009 (Source)
9. “You have the artwork of Mussolini there, here in New York at Rockefeller Plaza.” –analyzing the artwork decorating Rockefeller Plaza, which he said contained a hammer and sickle, Glenn Beck show on FOX News Channel, Sept. 2, 2009 (Source)
10. “O-L-I-G-A-R-H-Y.” –misspelling “oligarchy” on his chalk board while claiming he had deciphered a secret code that he said was proof President Obama was trying to create an “Oligarhy,” Aug. 27, 2009, Glenn Beck show on FOX News Channel (Source)
Kurtzman has a section on About.com with more crazy quotes by Beck, blogs posts and other interesting stuff.