In his Weekly Address: Congress Must Act to Keep our Teachers on the Job, President Obama talks about what the loss of 250,000 teachers nationwide means to our economy and urged “Congress to take action now to put our teachers back to work in classrooms, because the best predictor of individual and American success in this economy is a good education.” The President also talks about his jobs bill that he sent to Congress last September and is still waiting for Congress to act on it. In that bill, the President laid out specific plans to put teachers back on the job.
Follow the link below to watch his address.
I believe Congress’s failure, specifically the GOP in both houses, determination to do nothing, is America’s biggest obstacle to improving our economy, starting with putting teachers back to work. Their war on unions is hurting us in so many ways. What do you think? Take the poll below.
- Obama’s Weekly Address: Keeping Teachers on the Job (abcnews.go.com)
- POTUS Pivots to Education (thepage.time.com)
- Obama Wants More Police, Teachers, Romney Wants More Crime (lezgetreal.com)
- Romney Says America Doesn’t Need ‘More Fireman, More Policemen, More Teachers’ (thinkprogress.org)
- ‘No excuse for inaction'; Obama presses jobs plan in weekly address – Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)
- Krugman: GOP’s Economy Strategy Is ‘Gigantic Con Game’ (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Romney: Obama didn’t ‘get the message of Wisconsin’ about cutting teachers, firefighters (rawstory.com)