Stop Gov. Rick Scott from denying the right to vote to 180,000 Floridians with your voice. Sign the Democratic Governor Association’s petition:
The Republicans are again scheming to purge Democratic voters from the rolls. This time, the Florida GOP is in the process of purging up to 180,000 voters in an attempt to prevent likely Democrats from voting.
The Department of Justice has demanded that the Florida GOP stop this illegal voter suppression immediately, but they are refusing to comply.
We can’t let Republicans steal this election. Demand that the Florida GOP obey the Department of Justice and stop their illegal voter purge.
Now Republican Governor Rick Scott is trying to purge 180,000 voters from the voting rolls. That’s more than 100 times the number of votes that won Florida for George Bush on election night 2000.
We cannot afford a repeat of what happened in 2000. Add your name to the DGA petition right now and fight back against Rick Scott’s voter suppression scheme.
You know, one has to wonder. If Gov. Scott really believes that the 180,000 people that the state knows where they live and has other vital information on are not citizens, or as some are calling them, “non-citizen voters,” why hasn’t he sought to due more than remove them off the voting list?
- Marco Rubio Speaks Out On Voter Purge (huffingtonpost.com)
- Florida’s voter purge sparks lawsuits between state and feds (kansascity.com)
- Legal voters may — or may not — have been purged from rolls in noncitizen hunt (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- Jon Stewart, John Oliver tackle Gov. Rick Scott, voter purge on ‘The Daily Show’ (tampabay.com)
- Shades of 2000: Is Florida Going to Purge 180,000 Hispanic Voters? (crooksandliars.com)
- Voter Fraud in Florida (washingtonmonthly.com)